If there is one thing we all need more of in our lives, it’s got to be greens! There are so many varieties of lettuce with even more nutritional benefits. Green vegetables have more vitamin A than carrots, more vitamin C than oranges, more vitamin E than whole wheat and more vitamin B2 than milk. They contain protein and much needed minerals like calcium. Aim to make one of your meals every day a salad, and try new recipes often so you don’t get bored.
What you’ll need:
- 1 head of romaine (or other greens)
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced)
- 1 young coconut
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/4 tsp crushed chili
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (to taste)
What to do:
- Tear the romaine into bite sized pieces, and arrange on a plate with the cucumber
- For the dressing, first prepare coconut milk by blending the water and the meat. See THIS POST on how to open a coconut.
- If you have more coconut milk than you need dressing, pour some into a glass and save it for later or drink it up
- Add the remaining ingredients to your blender and mix.
- Pour the dressing over your salad and enjoy it
This is a yummy dressing that can be made as spicy or as mild as you like it. It also tastes great with some nama shoyu mixed in. Tried it? Let us know if you liked it!